Welcome to Room 8! I am Ms. Mannix, your teacher for this year. I'm so excited to have you all in our class this year and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and your families.
This is my ninth year teaching at Broadgreen. I am team leader for Fifeshire and Monaco houses, Literacy and GATE lead teacher, Board of Trustees Staff Representative and member of the Pastoral team. I am a chocoholic, avid bookworm, movie/Netflix buff and mum to a busy family! My husband is Craig Logan, Assistant Principal at Stoke School. We have a daughter at Waimea College and our son is currently at Broadgreen. We are a crazy-busy but super-close family.
Here are some dates for you to note coming up this term:
- School photos – Friday 9 February
- Music/Sport Information Night – Tuesday 13 February – In school hall
- Meet the Teacher – Wednesday 21 February – In our classroom at 7pm
- Asttle Testing starts – undertaken in weeks 4, 5 and 6
- Team building day – Thursday 1 March
- School Swimming Sports – Friday 2 March
- Cycle Safety – Wednesday 7 March – all students will need a bike for this time
- Interschool Swimming Sports – Friday 9 March
- Mike King visit – Thursday 15 March
- Summer Tournament – Friday 23 March
- Easter – Friday 30 March – Tuesday 3 April
- Principal’s Morning Tea – Wednesday 4 April
Please make sure you check your emails often and keep an eye on this blog to see examples of your child's work and photos of what they get up to.
I'm looking forward to a fabulous year working with you all. Please keep in touch - do not hesitate to contact me via email if you have any concerns.
Many thanks in anticipation for your support!